An annual $50 studio fee from each family must be paid at the beginning of September. This fee will cover the cost of the personalized assignment /practice log book, handling of exam, recital and contest registrations (registration fee is not included) and the printing of the recital programs.
A total of 36 Lessons will be taught over the 9 months academic year of 2017-2018 (Sep.1-Jun.7) Holidays and breaks are not included. Your lesson payment is a monthly flat fee. Please make payment on the 1st lesson of each month. A $15 late fee will be processed if you fail to make payment by the 2nd lesson.
Holidays and Breaks ( No Lesson Dates)
Labor Day Sep.4
Nov. 22-25 Thanksgiving
Dec. 19-Jan. 2nd Christmas and New Year
Mar. 12-17 Spring Break
May. 28 Memorial Day
- There is no MAKE-UP lesson for any of your vocations outside of the holidays during the academic year.
- If you have to miss a lesson due to illness I will try to reschedule it based on the availability of my time ( no guarantee).
- For all of the other reasons please arrange to swap lesson with another student. I will also inform you of any cancellation for make-ups.
- Weather-related cancellation will be considered as a lost lesson.
- For any of my cancellation I will be responsible to make it up.
Learning piano is fun but the true reward comes from a long term of study and practice. Juan Piano Studio is seeking committed families who are serious about taking lessons. If you have to withdraw you MUST give a month notice before discontinuing your payment.
1. Twin Cities
30 min. lesson/39 Monthly flat pay=155
45 min. lesson/57 Monthly flat pay=227
60 min. lesson/77.5 Monthly flat pay=310
2. Eden Prairie
30min. lesson/42 Monthly flat pay=165
45min. lesson/60 Monthly flat pay=240
60 min. lesson/82.5 Monthly flat pay=330
The core of my teaching philosophy is to help committed students developing essential skills for music-making and to instill in them the love,gratification,self-esteem, accomplishment and discipline that music-making brings.I insist on building solid technique and teach them to learn a board range of repertoires with national standard.I strive to meet the needs and goals of individual student,and I work closely to improve their playing.
From June to September you are required to take certain numbers of
lessons in order to maintain your status in the coming academic year.
(Exception can only be made for extended oversea family visit or
other camp attendance)
Expectations for Practicing
3 Vital components leading to the success and enjoyment of musical study.
The teacher’s knowledge and expertise of teaching
The student’s commitment to practice
The parent’s support and involvement
Consistency and regularity of practice are two essential factors in the learning progress and developing proficiency. Students who establish good practice habits from the beginning will progress more rapidly and will find practice and lessons more enjoyable and valuable.The amount of practice time will vary depending on the student's age and playing level.
Below is a guideline:
- 5-7 years old, beginning level: 30-45 min/day
- 7-10 years old, early intermediate and intermediate level : 45-60min/day
- 10-15 years old, intermediate and upper intermediate level: 60-120 min/day
- 15 years old and above, upper intermediate and advanced level: 90 min. and above/day
When practice time is taken seriously,the student will not only learn something,but also have a sense of accomplishment. When practice is not taken seriously,it becomes a burden and a dreaded task. Students should always remember that the kind of personal commitment,endurance and routine discipline that music practice requires will benefit them in all other things now and in the future.
and encouragement have a significant impart. Your obligations and responsibilities include:
- Monitor the practice of your child
- Purchase music book in a timely manner when I request
- Bring your child to lesson on time
- If your child doesn't own a metronome, you need to purchase one
- Communicate with me about the learning progress of your child periodically
- Be present at the recital and performances of your child
I reserve the right to dismiss a student if any of the following situation occurs after I have notifies the students and parents and allowed time for improvement.
- The student consistently demonstrate a lack of desire and willingness to learn
- The student consistently show poor preparation for lessons
- The student is uncooperative or disrespectful
- The student has repeated absences from his or her lessons showing a lack of dependability and commitment
- The student consistently shows lack of diligent practice at home