- State Piano Contest: MMTA sponsors State Piano Contest Preliminaries in each district throughout the state in late Jan./early Feb. and finals in March of each year. Pianists with the highest scores in the State Piano Contest Finals are selected to perform in ensembles at the State Honors Concert. http://www.mnmusicteachers.com/contests
- Young Artist Contest: Highly motivated students participate in this event in March of every year. Winner perform in the Young Artist Recital; first place winners in Piano and Organ perform in the State Honors Concert.http://www.mnmusicteachers.com/contests
- Artistic Ambassador: Connects outstanding college musicians with Minnesota communities. College students audition in January, winners perfrom on tour in the spring.http://mnmusicteachers.com/artistic-ambassador-competition
- MNTA Performance Competition: These national auditions provide educational experiences for students and teachers and recognize exceptionally talented young artist and their teachers in their pursuit of musical excellence. http://www.mtna.org/programs/competitions/
- Ensemble Festival: Held in the Fall to provide students with the opportunity to make music as part of an ensemble. MMTA Ensemble Festivals are open to students performing on all combinations of instruments or singing.http://www.mnmusicteachers.com/ensemble-festival
- Mozart Piano Concerto Competition: Open to any student not yet graduated from high school. It is held in Jan. of every year at the Schmitt Music in Roseville.
- Ninth Grade Music Award Auditions: Open to ninth grade students of any instrument and voice. It is held in Feb. of every year at the Schmitt Music in Roseville.
- Senior Music Award Auditions: Open to high school seniors studying any instrument and voice. It is held in Mar. of every year at the Schmitt Music in Roseville.
- Northwestern College Piano Solo Festival: The festival is open to all piano students grade 4-12. It is held in March of every year at Northwestern College. All participants will receive a scholarship voucher applicable to the summer Piano Institute in July. http://www.unwsp.edu/web/academy-of-music/performance-opportunities
- Thursday Musical Young Artist Scholarship Competition: This competition awards approximately $20,000 in scholarships to young musicians each year. It is held in Mar. of every year at St. Thomas University. http://www.thursdaymusical.org/scholarship-competition/
- Schubert Club Student Scholarship Competition: This competition is held each spring, awards approximately $50,000 annually to young musicians. (An additional $20,000 is given away in other scholarship and grant programs. Two cash prize in each age and instrument category are awarded $2000 and $1500 - to be used for further musical education. http://www.schubert.org/competition/
- Piano Fun Competition: This new Children inspirational music competition is open for students 6-12 years old. This year it will be held on Oct. 26-27 at the Schmitt Music in Roseville. Details and application is found at http://www.pianofunmn.com
- SPPTA Concerto Competition: This competition is held annually in December. Registration form, guidelines, and suggestions for concerto repertoires can be found at the SPPTA website http://sppta.org under the "Programs for Students".
- Young Artist World Piano Festival: The Young Artist World Piano Festival is a 10 day residential summer experience open to young classically trained pianists between the ages of 7 and 18. It offers an inspirational experience of extraordinary opportunities that encourage musical growth through private lessons, master classes, competitions, forums, discussions,musicianship classes, recitals/concerts, and interactions with other students and teachers. This opportunity, now in its 23rd successful year, brings together artist faculty and a world class guest artist with talented young pianists from across the country and beyond. Lifelong friendships are forged and students are motivated to achieve their best. http://www.wirthcenter.org/yapc.htm
- St. Olaf College Summer Piano Academy: It offers high school-aged pianists an opportunity to work closely with professional piano faculty from the St. Oalf College Music Department. http://wp.stolaf.edu/conferences/summer-camps/piano-camps/
- Northwestern College Piano Institute: Open to pianists age of 11-18. It provides a concentrated week of stimulating musical activites which will motivate and encourage students in their piano studies. http://www.nwc.edu/web/academy-of-music/piano-institute
- Chopin Celebration Concert at Twin Cities Polish Festival: Held every year in August, this festival features some of the best young artists and professional artist. http://www.tcpolishfestival.org/activities/chopin-celebration-concerts/
- E-Junior Piano Festival: For Highly motivated students before 18 years old. It is an collaborative event between E-Junior International Piano Competition and MMTA. Only 12 pianists will be chosen through live auditions. http://www.piano-e-competition.com/ecompetition/festival.asp